When you think of brand promotions and online marketing, email marketing remains as the erstwhile method of doing it, and you may also find the importance of new age social media marketing strategies as Instagram, etc. However, with tight competition, it is essential for anyone who tried it out to be on top of others to get benefited out of it. In this article, we will explore a few expert tips on email marketing and Instagram promotions for mid-sized businesses.
1. Email marketing
An overview of various types of marketing emails include:
- Marketing emails: These usually consist of promotional or informational messages to people who like you to keep them updated and informed about your new products and services, performance reports, offers, and other prospects.
- Transactional emails: These types of automated mails are intended to trigger customer activities as welcome emails, payment initiation, order tracking, registrations, etc.
- Operational emails: These emails usually contain essential info about your business such as maintenance plans, downtimes, or change in the availability of service, etc. These are meant to build trust and engagement.
- Slowly build a solid subscriber list: You should never stop building it. However, don’t add emails to your database in haste, but give it careful consideration and categorization to ensure that you only sent relevant material to the target groups intended for.
- Encourage replies: Emails can initiate meaningful conversation with those who are interested in your business. For this you need to focus on:
- A good subject line – You should speak to the readers one on one and convey your message personally.
- Have a distinctive, engaging, and entertaining voice – A reader opening your message is not enough but ensure that your message should have a human touch than a faceless marketing flyer.
- Target-specific content – As discussed at the first point, your email lists should be based on audience’s demographics and make well-thought content to renovate with their exact interests and needs.
2. Instagram Marketing
With above 500 million users, there is no better place than Instagram if you are thinking of social media marketing. Here are some tips to build and engage your Instagram followers.
- Leverage the free tools: Instagram recently started to encourage business profiles, for which you can use the call-to-action features integrated. You can also access the analytics and insights to know about your reach and engagement level, which will further help to fine tune your campaigns.
- Do cross promotion: You need to cross promote your content all your social profiles as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. to add more followers to your Instagram account.
- Don’t irritate your audience: There is a scope for you to post as often as possible, but on the other hand, you need to have a clever consideration in your frequency of posting to make sure that you do not overwhelm your followers.
- Ensure response: If any of your followers take the initiative to leave a comment or raise a question against your post, always ensure that you reply to them or thank them for the courtesy. This simple, but powerful engagement tactic can help build a loyal customer base to your brand.
Even if it is e-mail marketing or Instagram, digital marketing is all about being creative and getting adapted fast to the changing marketing conditions and consumer demands.